Steelcase Health research recently revealed five ways the exam room is failing doctors, patients, and family members; as a result introduces Node with ShareSurface, a clinician chair designed for partnership. The design story could be viewed in the below video.
• Shared Experience: Designed to remove barriers between patients, clinicians and family members, Node with ShareSurface nurtures human connection. Seat height-adjustability levels the playing field for clinicians and patients, supporting shoulder-to-shoulder collaboration and eye-to-eye contact, facilitating mutual teaching and learning.
• Shared Information: Node with ShareSurface optimizes the use of technology in healthcare spaces, without creating a barrier between clinician and patient. Whether ShareSurface is directed toward the clinician to input information, swiveled toward the patient to share information, or stowed to the side during the physical exam, the patient and clinician remain connected throughout the experience.
• Shared Space; ShareSurface—with 180° side-to-side pivot and 360° surface rotation—provides superior sharing coverage in less space. Its thoughtful design is ideal for transitioning between rooms and throughout an exam space.
• Supportive seating: From room to room and patient to patient—clinicians are on the go all day long. Node features a flexible back and passive lumbar curve, so doctors can transition between multiple postures comfortably.
• Beyond Exam Rooms : Node goes beyond the exam room, serving as a reliable seating solution for infusion bays as well
It is up to 99% recyclable and is made with up of 16% recycled content
Node has achieved the following certifications:
• Cradle to Cradle Certified™ - Bronze* pending
• ANSI/BIFMA level Certified - Level 2
• SCS Indoor Air Advantage Certified - SCS IAQ Gold